In Coruña British School we consider that the extracurricular activities are an essential complement to our curricular education. We believe that the activities should have a ludic and playful component so that they encourage students to explore other areas of life.
The extracurricular activities are from 4 to 5pm. They will begin on the 12th of September and end on the last day of school in June.
The activities will be reserved and charged quarterly as is stipulated in the section of rules and requirements.
- Languages: They play a fundamental role in our students’ education due to their importance in our globalised world and because they allow them to experience other cultures first-hand. In 2016/17 we will offer German. It will be on Tuesdays for a group of 6 to 16 students.
ARTISTIC AND CREATIVE ACTIVITIES
- Dance: They will learn different dance styles. There will be two groups of 6 to 16 students and classes will be on Mondays and Wednesdays.
- Ballet: Classical dance classes. Lessons are twice a week in groups of 6 to 16 students on Monday and Wednesday and on Tuesday and Thursday.
- Theatre: Storytelling and theatre manage to catch a child’s interest, attention and imagination and it develops their language skills holistically. There will be one group of 6 to 16 children on Tuesdays.
- Cooking: In this activity the children will learn about different types of food. His activity will be on Thursdays for a group of 6 to 16 children.
- Play School Music: Music lessons where the children will be introduced to different types of instruments. They will be once a week on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays for groups of 6 to 16 children.
- Art: Children will be able to develop their creativity and intelligence in a fun and different way. They will work on their fine motor skills and begin to learn about artistic language and different artists. This class will be on Fridays for a group of 6 to 16 children.
- Creative Clay: It’s a novel artistic material with which you can create an endless number of creative and exciting 2 and 3D experiences. It is a coloured clay easy to manipulate that stimulates all five senses with its aroma and as it is soft to touch. The class will be on Fridays for a group of 6 to 16 children.
- Multisports: An ideal activity to introduce children to different sports. They will do gross motor and coordination exercises practising football, basketball, floorball, tennis, hockey and cricket. There will be two groups of 6 to 16 children on Mondays and Wednesdays.
- Judo: Classes of this popular sport which exercises coordination and balance will be on Thursdays for a group of 6 to 16 children.
- Swimming: The children will learn to have confidence in the water, to float, dive and swim without aids. Their psychomotor capacity will improve significantly aswell as their coordination, agility, reflexes and strength which will improve their physical health and their relationship with other children and the aquatic environment. The lessons will be in the school grounds with professional monitors and the classes will be divided into three levels: Level 0 for those that do not know how to swim, Level 1 for those that can swim with aids, Level 2 for those that know how to swim and are beginning to dominate swimming techniques, There will be groups with classes 2 days a week (Monday and Wednesday, Tuesday and Thursday) and also one day a week (Fridays). Each day there will be a group of 6 children of Level 0 and 8 children of levels 1 and 2 sharing the swimming pool.